Sunday, July 14, 2013

Growing Up

Blogging? Why? Well, I've thought about it for a long time, dismissed it or too busy or it seemed to hard to get started! But recently I've read about some blogger's blogging for accountability! & Accountability, I need, so I thought, why not? Why not now?! This may take some time to get use to... so here goes!
Why Growing Up? It's been on my mind a lot the last few weeks! & today i thought that would be a great place to start! So, I didnt realize how torn I was about growing up, growing old.... until we were ready to go to camp with the youth @ DSBC to Snowbird. I was torn between feeling young again and really old, as I became a camp chaperone! I thought back to my days as a youth like it was yesterday.... but was overwhelmed at first that not only was I responsible for the kids as a chaperone but I was old! lol..... oh well.... I did learn, you have to grow up sometime.... it's about time, since we have 3 toddlers! :) But it is good to be young at heart as well.... to remember..... to relate!
I pray as I begin to grow up, not only will I find my way (God's direction!) & figure out what I want to be when I grow up, but that I will grow in HIM! Find true Joy & peace that only comes from a relationship with Him. Lately, I've been living my life in a constant fear & anxiety has too often taken over..... but God is showing me that not only can He heal my anxiety but that He doesnt want me to live a life ruled by anxiety but one that is ruled by peace! His peace! I'm learning how He desires for our hearts to be culitivated by gratitude and for us to truly be thankful! Lately, Philippians 4:4-9 has encouraged me in many ways! Rejoice! Yes, i must grow up.... definately grow up in thankfulness, in knowing my Redeedmer, my grace giver! Next, I'll explain my title.... it's my theme for 2013... GRACE: God's Redeeming Adoption Comes Everlasting!
soooo we will see where this blogging world takes me! Leslie Bumgarner <><

No comments:

Post a Comment