Thursday, September 5, 2013

Five-Minute Friday: Red

My first time joining in the blogging group.... you should join too! :) This week's prompt is Red: This past Sunday we joined my friend Lana at a church plant in Whitley City, KY. At the end of the service communion was taken and had been something they had made as a part of their Sunday AM worship service. I've grown up taking communion but it wasn't until I was nineteen when I fully understood what all of it meant when I opened my heart to Jesus and gave my life to Him. That morning was like many other times when the cup was passed we held on to it until the pastor spoke before being directed to drink, "do this in remembrance of me" is what Jesus said that night at the last supper. The "grape juice" in this traditional plastic cup represented so much more, it is a symbol to remember that night but it is also a time to remember the blood that was shed on the cross for our sins. Jesus, lived a perfect life here on earth as man and God in one to ultimately die on a cross as a sacrifice for MY sins, for all of man's sins! His RED blood covers me and washes me to make me whole, white--clean, purified! REDEEMED! That is the ultimate grace, that He lived, died, and rose again! He did all of this for me and for you and we do not deserve it at all because we are sinners and He is HOLY & perfect! But Jesus blood bridged the gap by redeeming what was once lost that we may stand before Him Redeemed, Forgiven! The blood was shed for a purpose! Five Minute Friday

5 comments:

  1. Dear Leslie,
    Welcome, and I'm glad you joined FMF...it is a wonderful group of women...Grateful for Jesus' blood and what He made possible...we were on a similar track with our posts...I linked up before you :) Welcome again :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dolly, thank you too, I read your post & wanted to post on your page but internet was acting up. I really liked what you wrote!

      Delete
  2. Welcome to Five Minute Friday...glad to have you here!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank You Brenda! & Dolly, thank you too, I read your post & wanted to post on your page but internet was acting up. I really liked what you wrote! Thank you ladies! :)

    ReplyDelete